So my friend Jen and I have been talking about setting aside a weekend to make our tshirt quilts for quite awhile now. We finally selected a weekend, cleared our schedules as best we could, bought what we thought we needed, researched online, and planned on being mostly done by Sunday evening...
...YEAH RIGHT!
What started out as a 3-day project, turned into a 3 week project that took up almost all of my free time throughout those 3 weeks!
 |
| Cut, interfaced, and doing the final piecing together |
 |
| This is my grandmother's sewing machine from the 50s, it was so fun to use a family heirloom for this project! |
 |
| Except it did almost quit on my half way through because of the extensive use it was getting after sitting on a shelf for years. But thanks to YouTube, a local sewing machine shop, and a cute little helper, we got it cleaned, oiled up, rested, and working again! |
 |
| The LAST thread being cut, HALLELUJAH!!! |
 |
| TA-DA! I'm not gonna lie, I'm proud of this, mainly because of how much blood, sweat, and tears went into its making. And these shirts represent a ton of memories of our years at APU thus far. What's crazy about this? We were given all these shirts for various events and this doesn't represent all of the ones we have since coming here! |
I love, love, love this post! The fact that you made this with Mimi's sewing machine is awesome...and you did such a great job on it. Me (and I'm sure, Mimi) are so proud of you! :)
ReplyDelete