Another reason we had decided to head to the west side was that one of our RAs from the year before (Katie...yes we have a lot of Katie's in our lives...) was working over there for the summer. So we made the beautiful drive on the Going to the Sun road, met up with her and her boyfriend, met her roommates, and grabbed a bite to eat together. All these students were working for a ministry that gets students jobs in the park and then they lead services at the campgrounds a couple times a week. So that evening we stayed in one of the campgrounds where they put on a service and got to attend.
| Not a bad setting to worship the Lord, huh? :) |
We made a quinoa, avocado, cheese dish for dinner that was quite delicious...
Then I put Nay down for bed and Katie and I decided just to climb in the tent and read until bed time. Josh decided he wanted to go exploring and a little while later we hear him quickly approaching the tent. We are obviously expecting another crazy animal story (see previous post), but instead he tells us that the sunset is incredible and that we need to go see it, he'll stay here with Naomi. We reluctantly climb out of our comfy sleeping bags and head to the lake...we were not disappointed, but instead stood in awe.
Then Katie suggested we do some jumping pictures...this resulted in lots of laughter :)
The next morning we met up with RA Katie and her friends and headed to the northwest corner of the park. They had learned from the locals that there was this incredible bakery up there is this 'town' called Polebridge so we decided to give it a try and do a day hike while we were there. Well the locals were right...this place was incredible (in fact, we ate there for breakfast, dinner, and breakfast the next day!). And there was literally the bakery, a saloon, a few cabins, and a hostile in Polebridge...that's it. I think when wolves and bears pass through it literally doubles their population.
| A Huckleberry Bear Claw |
| Is this not the most incredible and precious picture you've ever seen? (Don't tell me if you disagree) [Photo Credit: Katie S.] |
| Us with Katie and her boyfriend Eli...such fun to adventure with them! |
Naomi spent too much time sitting in the backpack this day apparently because when bedtime rolled around she was a maniac!! I have never laughed so hard and been simultaneously so frustrated as I was trying to get her to sleep that night. She was so wild and active that I had to take her pj's off her at one point because she was sweating!
Well it rained on us again this night...accompanied with some pretty wicked thunder and lightning. I was scared. I would've gotten in the car if it wasn't loaded with all our other stuff and I wouldn't have gotten soaked on the 25 ft run to it...but I would've, so I was just thankful that I was so exhausted from the hike that even when the storm woke me up I could fall back asleep rather quickly. Over breakfast at the Polebridge Bakery (I think this time we had spinach and feta rolls, asiago and something rolls, and some chocolatey pastry) we decided we should probably get a room again because the tent and rain fly were soaked and it wasn't looking like the weather would clear enough for them to dry out outside. So we found a KOA and got a little cabin for the night.
| We enjoyed a fun afternoon of entertaining Naomi :) |
| All of us at Avalanche Lake...Naomi napping as she loves to do in the backpack :) |
Katie and Eli joined all of us for dinner at our campsite this night as well and it was so fun to have so many dear friends sitting around a picnic table in the middle of Montana when our common thread was a small school in SoCal called APU :)
No comments:
Post a Comment