So it's been a bit longer than I had intended since our last post telling you what we've been up to...so here's the update!
Daddy went back to work...but definitely took advantage of his last day home with Nay:
Daddy went back to lots of love from his students and a pride for his daughter that was displayed in how he constantly showed off pictures of her :) Here's what his desk looked like on his first day back:
The slue of packages for Naomi have continued (the students working the mail room have made multiple comments on how she now gets more mail than us)...this is her first handmade Christmas ornament that was sent along with a handmade blanket from a close family friend of Daddy's, Alice Payne...how sweet is that?!
This is just a precious picture of Nay that mom took one day to send to daddy and family back home to show that this girl is pretty in pink!
Doc Appt #2 (staying warm with another present from a relative of mommy's (the softest blanket you've ever felt!). She was back to her original length (21+", no conehead this time) and had gained almost two pounds from her lowest weight (6lbs 12 oz to 8 lbs 11oz!!). We have got a growing girl on our hands!
P.S. Have you ever noticed that babies are measured in length and not height since they can't stand up? What if the next time I went to the doctor and they said they needed to take my height I laid down on the table and had them mark above my head and below my feet and measure between the marks? I'd be 53" long...maybe next time I'll help Nay stand for her measurement so we can say she's 21" tall :)
Since us girls have been on our own during the days, we've gone on a few adventures: walks with friends, lunch dates with other moms and babies, visits to friend's houses, shopping trips...anything we can think of to get out of the house for just a bit each day. She looks like she's throwing a fit in this picture, but actually she was totally content to have her head back and neck 'supported' like this after I put her in the Moby (no I didn't let her stay like that, but I thought it was picture worthy when she first did it!).
Daddy is the laundry expert in the house as of now (Nay and I will probably take over soon)...either way Daddy likes to take Nay along and let her cuddle in the warm clothes coming out of the dryer...she seems to enjoy this chore as well...for now :)
Clipping her fingernails is always fun...is she really asleep? Or is she just pretending? You find out as soon as you start trying to clip those little nails...thankfully this time she was TOTALLY out!
So...we were given a couple pairs of newborn shoes but it's been so chilly that she's had to wear socks or sleepers that have footies in them each day so her feet don't turn purple. BUT the other day the sun finally came out and the temperature warmed up and mommy couldn't help herself. Here's Nay's first experience with shoes...it took her an entire 5 seconds to kick one of them off :)
Don't you just love her and all her cuteness? We do! :)
1. She's so big. 2. More and more adorable than ever! I love how funny you are Chels. Hope all is well! Cant wait to play again!
ReplyDelete