It's been 2 weeks...so crazy...but here is Naomi Jo and mommy two weeks after the big day :)
A few firsts this week that we've documented...
First package in the mail...from Grandma & Grandpa Wood :)
First time we were able to capture a quality smile on camera!
Her first pouty moment...we got quite a good laugh out of this!
The first time she slept through a bath...she woke up at the end just to pee on everything...
Another milestone we reached just today...her cord fell off! Daddy has been waiting for this for the past few days as he would give a report at each diaper changing of how close it was to falling off.
Daddy is pumped because he claims this is proof his 'little lady' is ready for football season...weekends full of taking naps with daddy as football is constantly being shown on the TV :)
Daddy took this this morning after we'd all been up and eaten breakfast and mommy and Nay decided they wanted more sleep...a prediction for mornings next week when daddy goes back to work? Very possibly...
Grandma & Grandpa Davis left Tuesday morning, leaving mommy and daddy to fend for themselves. So far, so good :) We're eating, sleeping, and going on outings... however; mommy and daddy have had a few of those 'Where is my brain?' moments:
-I went to make a protein shake the other day... got out the almond milk, shook it, opened it, and got everything else ready, then shook the almond milk again... that's right... without the lid on it. Let's just say that both myself and the kitchen got a shower of almond milk :)
-Today we went to Trader Joe's to get some groceries (a good budgeting technique: leave the baby in the car seat and put the car seat in the shopping cart...then there's only room for what you really need, if that). When we came out of the store, Josh went to put the groceries in the back of the car and I went to put the cart away and put Nay in the car. As I'm going toward our car I hear Josh saying 'I'm sorry.' I look around and realize he has opened the back of the black Honda Pilot next to ours...hahaha...once he gets in our black Honda Pilot he tells me that he had tried the black Kia SUV before trying the Pilot next to ours...I think we need to memorize our license plate and make sure we check that before we open any vehicle :)
-Last night I was so proud because I cleaned the kitchen, loaded the dishwasher, and picked up a little more around the house before we went to bed. However... after I loaded the dishwasher, put the soap in it, closed it and locked it...I forgot to start it. Slightly disappointing when I went to grab dishes out of it this afternoon only to find them just as dirty as they were when they went in... :)
O the effects of a new baby on your brain :) We are loving parenthood, we can't get enough of Naomi, and we feel so blessed by the community all around us. The support we have experienced as her parents and the love we have watched being showered on her is an overwhelming blessing, so thank you...to all of you.
Love this :) Love you guys!!
ReplyDeleteI love your stories and pictures! Thanks for sharing. Keep the posts coming! And Mommy, you look amazing! :) -Tricia
ReplyDelete